Nurse Practitioner Position in Hanover, Pennsylvania
ABOUT BRITELIFE RECOVERY
BriteLife Recovery is a comprehensive substance abuse treatment facility similarly designed to existing high-end facilities yet is affordable enough for most Americans. The protocol is a unique opportunity for recovery and lifestyle change with a proven mind, body, and spirit approach, with experiential and customized to each patient’s needs. We will provide all this without the pitfalls of metropolitan areas and ease of access to narcotics or any mind-altering substances. This is the first site to offer a co-morbidity approach, blended with both proven 12-step and non-12-step intense therapy protocols to treatment. Utilizing the medical model and focusing on a truly medical/therapeutic approach to treating addiction and alcoholism. BriteLife will be the leader in the industry and will set a new standard for treatment and medical protocols at a higher level of client care than previously approached.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assisting the Medical Director in providing medical care and oversight of nursing functions and promoting a safe environment for patients who are detoxifying from substance dependency. The nurse practitioner will assist in directing, provision, and quality of medical and nursing services provided to clients, including the following:
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Participating in team conferences with multidisciplinary team. Providing required documentation in the patient s' records.
Performing efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate personnel, and documenting events.
Assists clinical team with the admissions process
- Provides crisis management (often involving intoxicated clients).
- Educates clients regarding potential side effects of medications and observes for side effects.
Monitors clients for substance misuse related withdrawal symptoms.
Maintains electronic health records.
Positively promotes Britelife Recovery to prospective client s and employees.
- Eligibility to be licensed in PA as a Nurse Practitioner
- Addiction or substance abuse experience is highly preferred
- DEA-X Waiver
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to interact with staff and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to assess needs and deliver medical services to individua ls detoxifying from substance
- Ability to screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, and withdrawal symptoms. Ability to screen for danger to self and others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to determine nursing recommendations and priorities. Participation in professional Development.
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of toxicology testing procedures. Knowledge of strategies for treating alcohol, cocaine, and other drug abuse. Knowledge of medication -assisted therapy.
- Ability to provide education and information to individuals and groups, through formal and/or informal processes, concerning their substance abuse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted principles of client record management. Ability to supervise staff nurses and direct the nursing function of a detox facility.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs during emergency drills or situations.