ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR SOUTH CAROLINA REHAB
- 18 years or older
- Primary substance use or substance related problem
- Must be admitting to treatment willingly with a pledge to discovering a sober life.
Considered suitable for sub-acute detoxification or residential treatment, psychological and medical assessments that cover the following:
- Withdrawal: Patient not at risk for serious complications, or is exhibiting stable withdrawal.
- Bio-Medical Conditions: None or stable biomedical conditions and/or complications, or under the care of a physician who attests to suitability and will continue to monitor the resident.
- Emotional/Behavioral/Cognitive Conditions and Complications: None or minimal; not distracting to recovery, able to be managed in residential level of care, individuals believed to be high risk for violence or suicide shall be referred for inpatient psychiatric treatment.
- Level of Denial as to nature of adverse alcohol/drug consequences: Patient voluntarily presents for treatment, accepts the presence of a substance use disorder, its consequences, and accepts the need for a structured residential setting.
- Has primary process addiction without a co-morbid substance use disorder or has no substance use disorder
- Displays unsafe behavior
- Requires immediate medical evaluation, or ongoing high intensity medical or nursing care.
- An active and unmanaged eating disorder
- Active psychosis, mania, or a disorder that the individual is unable to be in group settings without disruptions.
- Chronic pain condition that requires medication supervision and/or narcotic medication and/or unwillingness to discontinue a contraindicated medication
- Has a developmental disability, which is primary to substance addiction, or the disability would preclude the individual from benefiting from program.
- Would be better served by a program more appropriate to the individual’s diagnosis or individual needs.
The rehab programs at BriteLife are designed to provide a safe, warm environment where clients can concentrate on healing, wellness, and recovery. Please call us at 866-470-2187 to find out if our Hilton Head addiction treatment programs are right for you.