Marijuana Addiction Treatment Center in Hilton Head, SC
Attitudes about marijuana use are dangerously deceptive. Far from the “Reefer Madness” days, when pot was demonized for supposedly leading to dangerous, reckless behavior, today people are much more accepting of marijuana use. Recreational marijuana is becoming more normalized, and dozens of states have legalized marijuana for medicinal or recreational use (or both).
But, an unfortunate side effect of the growing acceptance of marijuana use is that it can make it harder for those struggling with marijuana addiction to recognize they need help. If using marijuana is “normal,” the thinking goes, then I can’t have a problem.
Symptoms of Marijuana Withdrawal
There’s a persistent myth that marijuana isn’t addictive and that you can’t become physically dependent on it. This is simply not true. Many studies indicate that heavy marijuana users can become physically dependent on the drug and experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop using it. When participants in the study stopped using pot, they reported increased anxiety, irritability, physical tension, depression, and loss of appetite.
Signs of Marijuana Addiction
Even people who aren’t physically dependent on marijuana can still struggle with addiction to it—meaning they feel a compulsive urge to use marijuana even when it negatively affects their lives. Signs of marijuana addiction include:
- Developing a tolerance, meaning you need more and more of the drug to get the same effect
- Using more marijuana than you intended or for a longer period than you intended
- Having difficulty not using marijuana or cutting back
- Losing interest in or missing out on activities because of your pot use
- Continuing to get high even when it’s causing problems at work, school, or in personal and professional relationships
- Using marijuana to mask negative feelings and worries
While many people successfully quit using marijuana on their own—sometimes after several attempts. Others will need professional help to quit. If you’ve tried to quit on your own without success or you’re struggling with addiction to marijuana and other substances, BriteLife Recovery can help.
Why Choose BriteLife Recovery?
BriteLife Recovery provides comprehensive marijuana treatment in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Our luxury treatment center provides a sanctuary-like environment where clients can focus on healing and recovery. We offer a range of marijuana rehab options, including detox programs, intensive outpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, and residential inpatient programs.
Our experienced doctors and therapists work together to create customized treatment plans for each client. Our therapists use proven evidence-based methods, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), to help people struggling with marijuana addiction find better ways of coping with stress, tension, and anxiety.
Clients at our South Carolina marijuana rehab center enjoy:
- 24/7 medical care and support
- Full immersion in a healing, substance-free environment among sober peers
- Luxury amenities, including a Zen garden, fire pit, weight room, hiking trail, and more
- A variety of activities and outings, including canoeing and kayaking, beach outings, yoga and meditation, ropes course, art therapy, and more
Speak with one of our recovery specialists today to learn more about our Hilton Head marijuana rehab programs in South Carolina.